What is the Liebster award?
A massive thanks to The Roverette for nominating me for the Blogger’s Liebster Award! She can be found over at the www.theroverette.com
What is the Liebster Award, I here you ask. The Liebster Award is, is an award that is given from bloggers, to bloggers, with the purpose of shining light on upcoming, new blogs that have potential to do well based on their posts, and is usually given to blogs with less than 200 followers. The concept of the award is very similar to that of a chain letter, although there are some who refuse to accept the award, therefore breaking the chain. It is not required of you to continue this chain, but by doing so, you miss out on the chance of getting your blog more views. Mahesh choose me, along with four other blogs that he believed are likely to do well in the future. In return, I will:
- Link this post back to my nominator, in this case The Rouvette and her blog
- Answer 11 questions about myself, that The Rouvette has asked.
- Name 11 random facts about myself
- Nominate 10 other blogs with less than 200 followers that I feel deserve the reward
- Ask 11 new questions to the bloggers I nominate
Hear are the question that The Rouvette asked me:
- Are you a morning bird or night owl?I am defiantly a morning bird, I regularly wake up between 06:30 – 07:00 every day.
- What is your favourite food?Now this is a tough one, I enjoy so many different types food from so many places. Hmm I think that my favourite by a very small margin is a parsnip.
- What is your favourite quote to live your life by?Determination: the will to succeed will overcome the greatest adversity!
- Pick 3 words that describe you.Determined
- Do you have an all time favourite classic old movie or song?My classic song for this would have to be The Police – King of pain.
- What would you be doing if Facebook, Twitter, or Tumblr didn’t
Hmm, who knows is the real answer, although I would like to think that, even without those amazing tools I would still have travelled, but it would have been very hard if not impossible to keep in contact with all the amazing people I would have met.
- What country would you always like to visit and why? Or to travel bloggers, what was your favourite country you have been to and why?There are so many countries and people that are amazing. My favourite country as it stands is Iran. The people are some of friendliest people I have ever met, the country has immense history and culture. You can I highly recommend Iran.
- Would you rather travel to the past or future? How far would you go and why?I would like to head in to the past 500 years and be at the for front of exploration in 16th Century The Age of Discovery. Going on long dangerous voyages to discovery the Americas and other unknown lands across the world really was a impressive time in exploration.
- If you could have any superpower, what would it be?The ability to fly!
- How do you pick your friends?I believe that everyone can be friends, no matter where they are and who they are. I keep my book open to let anyone be my friend. Most of the people I meet on my travels are of a similar mindset as well. We can all be friends!
- You find a glass cube in the middle of the desert, that is meant just for you. How big is it? Your answer refers to how big your ego is. Do you think that is a good way of testing someone’s personality?Wow, this is a very thoughtful question! When I first read this I instantly had an idea in my head of a cud 1 foot square, not exactly huge. I don’t think that this can reflect someone’s personality, for example I think that my cube is small not due to a small ego. I would like to say now that I don’t think I have a massive ego. It being just for me makes me want to instantly share it with the world, I don’t want to take burden and take anyway some else’s cube. Thoughts?
11 random facts about me:
- I could fly a motor glider solo before I could drive a car!
- My second toe is longer than my big toe
- Slept in crypt for 4 years (bedroom was painted in the style of an Egyptian crypt).
- I am currently trying to learn Russian and Spanish. It’s somewhat of a struggle at the minute.
- My favourite colour is Orange.
- For my work experience at school I worked at The Royal International Air Tattoo.
- I prefer to sleep; on the floor, under the stars, in a hammock, in a car, standing up rather than sleeping in a bed.
- I have completed my Gold duke of Edinburgh.
- I love just randomly walking with no particular direction or reason and just see what happens.
- I live in the outdoors world, climbing, hiking and camping.
- I have a huge appetite usually eating in 6 main meals plus snacks a day.
I have now nominated the following 5 blogs, take some time to check them out!
- Miss Happy Feet– Sheena Clover
- Guidiary – Konstantin Holzner
- My World as you see it – Ress
- Eraser Head – Ola
- Terri Witherden – Terri
My 11 questions, to my nominees
- What is the most bizarre breakfast you have had and where was it?
- Who would you like to have afternoon tea with?
- If you could start a new life with all the knowledge of this life, would you take it?
- What is your favourite way to travel?
- Who is your favourite superhero?
- One thing that inspired you to start your blog/website.
- If you could travel to any place where would you go? and why would you travel to this place?
- What is your favourite colour?
- One thing that really annoys you.
- Are you usually late, early or right on time?
- What is the hardest thing you done?