The Adventure Community
Do you want to be part of an adventure?
Share experiences with some like minded people?
Or do you simply want to try something new?
Here is a list of adventurers, organizations and social groups from all different areas that are all part of the adventure community who all share this ethos of "getting out on an adventure" from a days cycling trip in the UK to walking to South Pole. There is an adventure out there for everyone.
Get involved with any of these groups. #shareyouradventure
Here's my short list of groups:
- Explorers Connect: Meeting up in Bristol and London Explorers Connect Members have scaled Everest, Kayaked seas and Cycled thousands of miles.
- Adventure Stories: A community speaking platform, creating a community of outdoor communities
- Driven to Extremes: Join Veterans suffering with PTSD on Extreme driving challenges around the world.
- Global Convoy: a group who have driven around the world and now want take everyone on a mad adventure.
- Llama Run: Taking terrible cars and driving them across South America.
- The Yes Tribe: A group that started in London that has now spread across the globe saying Yes to adventures.
- Adventure Queens: Adventure Queens provides practical information on all things wild camping and adventure for females.
- The Adventurists: Crazy adventures in some what usual and ridiculously vehicles. these gents founded the Mongol Rally and Ric Shaw Run to name a few
- NOMADS: A huge Facebook group of people from all around the world many of whom are currently travelling a great resource for meeting other adventurers
- Hitchhiking Europe: A group of people planning or on mainly hitch-hiking adventure through Europe.
If you are really interested in getting outside these are some of the campaigns that are out there to help people get outside on an adventure.
- #AdventureRevolution - Explorers Connect
- #SharetheAdventure - Adventure Stories
- #GetOutside - Ordnance Survey
- #MindOfMountains - Adventure Uncovered and Alex Stainforth
These are the ones I have heard about, if you know any resources for those looking to get outdoors, travel or adventure, please drop me a message.